Heartland Advisors

Move Shares Between Heartland Funds

Shareholders may move shares from one Heartland Fund into another Heartland Fund. If you do so in a regular account, it is a taxable event. It is not a taxable event for IRA and Coverdell ESA accounts.

How to Exchange Shares from a Regular Account

There are two options for exchanging shares from one Fund into another:

  1. Call the Heartland Shareholder Services Team at 800-432-7856 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday to Friday, to determine if your account allows telephone exchanges and, if allowed, verbally communicate your request
  2. Write a letter detailing your request, including names and signatures of account owners, account number, your phone number, the dollar amount or number of shares to be moved, and mail to one of the following:

    U.S. Postal Service
    Heartland Funds
    P.O. Box 219942
    Kansas City, MO 64121-9942

    Overnight Service
    For the overnight mailing address,
    please call Investor Services at

Who to Contact with Questions

Contact the Shareholder Services Team at 800-432-7856, or send an email. The Team is available 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT, Monday to Friday.

Account Information

Heartland Funds Account Information Icon

Please wait while we gather your results.

©2024 Heartland Advisors | 790 N. Water Street, Suite 1200, Milwaukee, WI 53202 | Business Office: 414-347-7777 | Financial Professionals: 888-505-5180 | Individual Investors: 800-432-7856

The Heartland Funds are distributed by ALPS Distributors, Inc.