Vinita K. Paul is Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, General Counsel, and Secretary. She is also Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, Secretary, and AML Officer of the Heartland Funds.
Paul began at Heartland in 2008 as Chief Compliance Officer.
Before joining Heartland, she was an Associate in the Corporate Finance and Securities Group at Quarles & Brady. She specialized in mutual fund, investment advisor, and broker dealer law. She was responsible for securities matters related to daily regulatory and compliance matters, regulatory filings, and exemptive order applications.
She also previously worked at B.C. Ziegler and Company, where she served in various capacities, including:
- Assistant General Counsel
- Interim General Counsel
- Assistant Secretary for the North Track Funds
- Assistant Secretary for the Ziegler Exchange Traded Trust
Paul has published articles about the Bank Secrecy Act. She also has presented at regional and national conferences hosted by the National Society of Compliance Professionals, as well as various other industry conferences.
She has served as a co-chair of the TEMPO Milwaukee Leadership Summit, a Board Member for TEMPO Milwaukee, the Board Chair for PEARLS for Teen Girls, and a Member of the Board of Visitors for the University of Wisconsin School of Human Ecology. She has also served on the Marquette University Law School Reunion Committee.
She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and baking.
- Heartland Advisors, 2008-present
- Quarles & Brady, 2007-2008
- B.C. Ziegler and Company, 2006-2007
- Quarles & Brady, 2004-2006
- J.D. Summa Cum Laude, Marquette University, 2004
- B.S. in Mathematics with honors, University of Wisconsin–Madison, 2001
Certification and Licensing
- Licensed Member of the Wisconsin State Bar
- Member of the American Bar Association
- PB & J Family Services, Inc., Board Member
- University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Human Ecology, Emeritus Board of Visitors Member
- Marquette University Law School Reunion Committee, past Co-Chair
- TEMPO Milwaukee, past Board Member and previous Co-Chair of the TEMPO Leadership Summit
- PEARLS for Teen Girls, past Board Member and past Board Chair