Bradford A. Evans, CFA, is Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager for the Value Plus Fund and its corresponding Small Cap Value Plus Strategy.
Evans began at Heartland in 1996 as a Research Associate. He was promoted to Equity Research Analyst, during which time he developed expertise in the Energy, Consumer, and Materials sectors.
Following nearly four years at High Rock Capital, Evans returned to Heartland as Portfolio Manager for the Value Fund in 2004, which he co−managed until 2015. He became Portfolio Manager of the Value Plus Fund in April 2006 and also was Director of Equity Research from 2011 to 2016.
Evans is a vocal advocate for small−cap value investing. He has been quoted by the national financial media, including Barron’s, CNBC, Fortune, Bloomberg, BusinessWeek, and The Wall Street Journal.
He graduated from the University of Wisconsin−Madison with a bachelor’s in international relations, Russian, and political science in 1995. He also spent a semester studying at Moscow State University in Russia.
- Heartland Advisors, 2004-present
- High Rock Capital, 2001-2004
- Heartland Advisors, 1996-2001
Honors and Recognition
- Manager of the Small Cap Value Plus Strategy that was named a “Top Guns” by Informa Investment Solutions’ PSN Manager Database 2Q18 (award received 8/15/2018); 2Q20 (award received 8/19/2020); 4Q20 (award received 2/18/2021); 1Q21 (award received 5/19/2021); 2Q21 (award received 8/19/2021); 3Q21 (award received 11/17/2021); 4Q21 (award received 2/17/2022); 1Q22 (award received 5/18/2022); 4Q22 (award received 2/21/2023)
- B.A. in International Relations, Russian, and Political Science, University of Wisconsin–Madison, 1995
Certification and Licensing